The secret of your future is hidden in your daily routine, said Mike Murdock. If you have a well thought out daily routine that is helping you progressively getting to your desire objectives and life goals, thumbs up. Human beings are creatives of habit and it becomes necessary once in a while to get stuck in a routine that needs some shuffling.
One of the best books I have read with loads of interesting ideas on how to break morning routines is the book Choose Yourself by James Altucher. Inspired by that book which I read a few months ago and after a brainstorming session this morning, I came up with a list of fifteen simple ideas to change up your morning routine. These ideas are fun and I encourage you to try them, each at least once.
- Brush your teeth with your non-dominant hand. If you are right handed, use your left hand to brush your teeth in the morning. Use your right hand otherwise.
- Program your alarm to wake you up with your favorite music and start singing out loud as soon as the alarm goes off in the morning. Sing till the song ends.
- Sleep with your running shoes at the bottom of your bed. As soon as you wake up and your feet touch the ground, wear your shoes and get out of your house running at full speed in any direction until you run out of breath.
- As soon as you wake up, send a text message to a friend you have not met for a while to wish him or her a good morning and a great day.
- Write a letter to your future self. Here is a tool to do that: http://www.futureme.org/
- Call in sick and tell the office that you will not be able to make it to work. Then show up at work two hours late and tell anyone who asks that you felt guilty staying home and you want to get some work done, on your own time.
- Take a shower without using soap.
- Look at yourself in the mirror and find five to ten difference good things to say about.
- Count from zero to one hundred out loud, five times. For each iteration increase the pace a little bit but do not skip any number.
- Drink one liter of warm water before brushing your teeth.
- Write a list of three unexpected strange and good things that can happen to you during the day. For example: a stranger will give me a $20 bill today, for free. Or you will receive the phone call of a friend you have not heard from in a long time.
- Take a rag and shoe polish, then clean all the shoes in your closet before going to take a shower.
- Leave your car at home and take the bus to work. If you don’t have a car, pay the bus fare of a stranger in the bus. If you walk to work, sing your favorite song out loud all the way from home to work.
- Ask for and give hugs to 3 to 5 different people in the morning outside your home.
- Send an email to the email address of someone you don’t know and wish them a great day.
The list includes items that might sound crazy but you will surely have fun when you do them. Talking about shuffling your morning routine is there any other idea you can add to the list?
Day 13 of 21: 100 words per day for 21 days. 584 words.