I met with one of my mentors two days ago and as usual, we had a fun time during which I learned so much. It is GREAT to have people who care about you and sincerely want you to succeed. I am blessed. As I shared my new short term unrealistic dreams with my mentor seeking answers to the “how” question, he hit me with reality (my current circumstances) and pointed me in the direction of a “better” more realistic goal that will undoubtedly lead me to the realization of my “relatively” unrealistic dreams.
To help in readjusting my mind to the new realistic goals, I had to come up with a fresh gratitude list. The list, when read aloud, create in me a feeling of appreciation and maintains my abundance mindset. A scarcity mindset is a terrible mind state to in. To develop an abundance mindset, come up with a gratitude list, a list of things you are grateful and appreciative of. Changing your focus from what you lack to what you have creates phenomenal changes in attitude. The right attitude will take you to the highest altitude. Here is my gratitude list:
- I wake up every morning in great shape and with a renewed mind.
- I am healthy and have not been to a medical doctor in over a decade.
- Both my parents are alive and they love me very much.
- All my siblings are successful in school.
- I live in the best country in the world.
- I have adoptive parents who love me as their own.
- I have friends who I can count on in times of need.
- I am surrounded by people who love me and want me to succeed.
- I have mentors and coaches who help me grow personally.
- I have a personal library with dozen of books I own and read.
- I have the best little sister and brothers in the world.
- My boss at work is awesome. He rocks! He is a great inspiration.
- I live in a big beautiful house in a quiet, peaceful and safe neighborhood.
- I live 10 minutes away from my workplace and my school.
- I live less than 30 minutes away from all the activities I am involved in.
- I have fresh daily business ideas which I record and catalog.
- I have the best office colleagues one can desire. They are hardworking and results oriented.
- I am attending one of the best private universities in California.
- I have all my basic needs met and the Lord provides me with extras daily.
- Everyday brings new experiences which I embrace and learn from. I am grateful.
I could go on and on but I will stop here. When you take inventory of the things you have and sometimes (more often than not) take for granted, you realize how blessed and privileged you are. What’s on your gratitude list?