As a tradition, I used to start the year with a list of 10 to 25 goals. After learning about goal settings and top performance, I shrunk that list to 5. The list of 5 is much more effective and it forces me to focus on what’s important. For 2017 below is my list of goals:
- Study for and successfully pass my California Real Estate License Exam.
- Earn >= $100 / month from speaking opportunities (including product sales).
- Reduce my weight from 197 to 180 during the first 6 months of the year to remain in great physical condition.
- Continue teaching at the local college.
- Start and complete my change of status.
In my journal, I also specify how I have to be and what I have to do for my goals to be executed successfully. There are a few comments I could make about those goals and why they are important, but I will leave that for a possible future post.
What are your top 5 goals for 2017?