I have not been writing for a long time. And I have been giving myself the excuse that I am too rusty to start writing again. I almost skipped my tradition of posting my top goals for the year. Here they are, my top 5 goals for 2020:
- Complete 52 hikes. At about 1 per week. This will help me in staying in good physical shape and get to my target weight of 180 pounds.
- Create 12 SaaS projects for passive income generation.
- Learn and master sales, copy and marketing to promote and sell my side projects
- Complete 52 speech projects and publish a new book on effective public speaking.
- Increase my savings to 30% of my income and increase my total income by 30% within the first semester of the year.
There are two quotes about goals that I found that I will remember to keep me inspired through this year. The first one is:
“If you want to be happy, set a goal that commands your thoughts, liberates your energy and inspires your hopes.” —Andrew Carnegie
and the second:
“All successful people have a goal. No one can get anywhere unless he knows where he wants to go and what he wants to be or do.” —Norman Vincent Peale
Something I want to do differently this year is to track and measure my progress. I have created a Google Keep file to check things off as done!
This post took me close to an hour to write, but it sure feels good to write again.